What is a brand? Surprisingly the marketing world has yet to agree on any one definition. To prove the point we’ve compiled a list from a wide variety of sources…
A Brand is:
• Names or symbols that identify the unique source of a product or service
• The personification of an organization, product or service
• The source of a promise to the customer
• A trust mark
• A single concept or idea imbedded in the mind of the customer
• A set of associations that enhance or detract from the related product or service
• The source of customer loyalty
• That which allows one to charge a price premium for an otherwise generic product or service
• A unique value proposition
• The source of emotional connections with customers
• The primary source of customer ‘goodwill’
• That which should drive the design of the ‘total customer experience’
• The sum of all experiences a customer has with you
Are we missing your definition of a brand? Please share.
The Blake Project Can Help: The Brand Strategy Workshop For Startups
Branding Strategy Insider is a service of The Blake Project: A strategic brand consultancy specializing in Brand Research, Brand Strategy, Brand Licensing and Brand Education
September 8, 2009 at 10:05 am
What is a brand? A brand is the total collective feelings that people have about a particular product/service.
That brand is a result of:
– the experience that customers have experienced
– the word-of-mouth comments from previous and current customers to their friends and network
– the comments posted on social networking sites or ecommerce sites
– thoughts/opinions posted by bloggers
– information/comments passed on by the people who work for the company
– reputation of those who are in management of the company (along with the board of directors)
– what your competitors say about your company
– what journalists and media say about your company
– the advertising that the company puts out into the public
February 1, 2011 at 8:34 am
Brand is the perception of people or summation of their feelings, towards your products, services or company.
Comments are closed.